Unite Us partners with health plans to support their quality improvement strategies across lines of business. Our dedicated solutions include SDoH data and analytics, high-value community network, and person-centered coordination of clinical and community interventions.
SDoH data and technology will play an even larger role in 2024 ratings, with the increasing focus on health equity and consumer experience. Learn how you can optimize your quality performance by powering your SDoH strategy with Unite Us.
Improving Medicare Advantage Star Ratings with Unite Us
Unite Us customer performance in 2023 ratings:
- Fifth straight year outperforming the market
- 77 percent earned the Quality Bonus Payment at 4.0+ stars, versus 51 percent of contracts in the total market
- Achieved an average rating of 4.03–0.27 points higher than the market average
- Increased 4.0+ rating achievement by 43 percent since 2019, compared to 12 percent increase for the total market
Improving NCQA Ratings with Unite Us
Our Managed Medicaid partners’ quality improvement and population health initiatives are driving a strong performance on NCQA ratings (3.56 on average) relative to broad market trends (3.42 on average).
Unite Us Supports Quality Improvement Through Innovation and Best Practices
How It Works:
One of Our Success Stories
“Health equity is a driving strategic priority at UCare. Improving the health of members through a health equity lens begins and ends with data. Recognizing that every member has unique needs, we try to offer personalized solutions. We couldn’t do that without the timely and accurate data we receive from Unite Us. It helps us identify social and health care needs, connect members to services, and design interventions that have a meaningful impact on health and racial equity.”
– Greg Hanley, Vice President of Quality Management and Population Health, UCare
Through this approach, UCare has:
- Retained and expanded Managed Medicaid awards across MN, now managing 38 percent of all beneficiaries and growing market share at the strongest pace of all state plans over the past five years
- Achieved an excellent 4-star NCQA rating on its Medicaid plan in 2022, only one of two plans in MN to do so
- Grown its Medicare Advantage membership by 44 percent over the past four years, adding 43,000 members
- Achieved a 4.5 star rating on its largest Medicare Advantage contract and retained 89 percent of its total MA members in a 4.0+ star plan in 2023 ratings
UCare is a community-based, nonprofit health plan providing health coverage and administrative services across Minnesota and in three western Wisconsin counties.
Learn actionable steps health plan leaders can take to address their members’ drivers of health and measurably improve their organization’s quality performance.
About Unite Us
Unite Us is the nation’s leading software company bringing sectors together to improve the health and well-being of communities. We drive the collaboration to identify, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities.