Unite Us partners with health plans to support their quality improvement strategies across lines of business. Our dedicated solutions include SDoH data and analytics, high-value community network, and person-centered coordination of clinical and community interventions.
SDoH data and technology will play an even larger role in 2024 ratings, with the increasing focus on health equity and consumer experience. Learn how you can optimize your quality performance by powering your SDoH strategy with Unite Us.
Improving Medicare Advantage Star Ratings with Unite Us
Unite Us customer performance in 2023 ratings:
- Fifth straight year outperforming the market
- 77 percent earned the Quality Bonus Payment at 4.0+ stars, versus 51 percent of contracts in the total market
- Achieved an average rating of 4.03–0.27 points higher than the market average
- Increased 4.0+ rating achievement by 43 percent since 2019, compared to 12 percent increase for the total market
Improving NCQA Ratings with Unite Us
Our Managed Medicaid partners’ quality improvement and population health initiatives are driving a strong performance on NCQA ratings (3.56 on average) relative to broad market trends (3.42 on average).
Unite Us Supports Quality Improvement Through Innovation and Best Practices
How It Works:
One of Our Success Stories
“Health equity is a driving strategic priority at UCare. Improving the health of members through a health equity lens begins and ends with data. Recognizing that every member has unique needs, we try to offer personalized solutions. We couldn’t do that without the timely and accurate data we receive from Unite Us. It helps us identify social and health care needs, connect members to services, and design interventions that have a meaningful impact on health and racial equity.”
– Greg Hanley, Vice President of Quality Management and Population Health, UCare
Through this approach, UCare has:
- Retained and expanded Managed Medicaid awards across MN, now managing 38 percent of all beneficiaries and growing market share at the strongest pace of all state plans over the past five years
- Achieved an excellent 4-star NCQA rating on its Medicaid plan in 2022, only one of two plans in MN to do so
- Grown its Medicare Advantage membership by 44 percent over the past four years, adding 43,000 members
- Achieved a 4.5 star rating on its largest Medicare Advantage contract and retained 89 percent of its total MA members in a 4.0+ star plan in 2023 ratings
UCare is a community-based, nonprofit health plan providing health coverage and administrative services across Minnesota and in three western Wisconsin counties.
Learn how we can help you meet your quality goals:
About Unite Us
Unite Us is a technology company that builds coordinated care networks of health and social service providers. With Unite Us, providers across sectors can send and receive secure electronic referrals, track every person’s total health journey and report on tangible outcomes across a full range of services in a centralized, cohesive and collaborative ecosystem. Unite Us’ dedicated team builds authentic, lasting partnerships with local organizations to ensure their networks have a solid foundation, launch successfully, and continue to grow and thrive. This HITRUST-certified social care infrastructure helps communities transform their ability to work together and measure impact at scale.