When life gets hard, do you get beat down, or do you pull yourself up by your bootstraps? If something stands in the way of your dreams, do you stop going forward, or do you trudge through the mud until you find a way?
Welcome to this episode of the What Unites Us, a podcast about building businesses meant to last. We aim to answer some of the toughest questions about branding, leadership, and success while talking to business trailblazers about their biggest lessons learned.
Today, we’re welcoming Georgina Dukes, a social justice advocate and our own Senior Director of Social Care Impact. After she became a young single mom while still in college, Georgina realized her passion was in helping others who need assistance and making the process easier to navigate. She shares with us her professional journey, the struggles she has faced while working with community organizations, what her future goals with Unite Us are, and so much more.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Georgina shares her origin story and how it led her to her passion (4:19)
- Why Georgina is super driven (16:34)
- How Georgina went from Duke to Unite Us (22:36)
- Why Georgina chose to walk away from the security of Duke for Unite Us (27:25)
- Georgina talks about the journey she has experienced at Unite Us (31:51)
- How Unite Us has helped with community organizations (35:29)
- How external leadership is different than internal leadership (40:33)
- What is next in the healthcare realm for Unite Us (42:52)
- Georgina’s interests outside of work (48:14)
- What makes Unite Us the company it is (51:59)
Want to learn more about Unite Us? Our newsletter comes out the first Wednesday of every month. It includes our latest happenings, network news, announcements, and ways to get involved with our movement to connect health and social care. Sign up here. Follow our show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and share your thoughts with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright ©UniteUs2023 all rights reserved
All opinions expressed by podcast guests are solely those of the guest and do not reflect the opinions of Unite Us.
About Unite Us
Unite Us is the nation’s leading software company bringing sectors together to improve the health and well-being of communities. We drive the collaboration to identify, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities.